A smart home is a home that is equipped with network-connected products (i.e., “smart products,” connected via wired or wireless protocols) for controlling, automating and optimizing functions such as temperature, lighting, security, safety or entertainment, either remotely by a phone, tablet, computer or a separate system within the home itself. It provides its home owners comfort, security, energy efficiency (low operating costs) and convenience at all times, regardless of whether anyone is home.
Why do we need to implement smart home technologies?
- Energy saving leads to money saving
- Better safety
- Easier control and automated
- Increase the value for your assets
What protocols of such technologies?
- Those protocols are Wired or wireless
- Popular technologies include KNX, Z-Wave, ZigBee, EnOcean